Site specific weather forecasts
Site specific weather forecasts are useful in a wide range of activities in the electricity sector: maintenance planning for wind farms, forecasting of the maximum power availability of combined cycle gas turbine plants, predicting power demand in cities...
When available, local observed data are used to adjust the forecast to the specific characteristics of the site.
- Available variables: temperature, relative humidity, pressure, wind, precipitation (quantity and type: rain/snow), global solar radiation, direct beam solar radiation, lightning.
- 240h forecasts, hourly resolution
- Prediction precision expressed by 10 and 90 percentiles
- Multiple and flexible delivery formats
Clear and intuitive web interface with:
- Graphical display of forecasts and recent observations
- Up-to-date record of prediction performance
- User defined alerts on probability thresholds or severe events.