Severe weather GIS-based forecasts
Emergency Management involves weather sensitive activities over wide spatial domains. They can benefit from spatially detailed forecasts of severe weather like heavy snowfall, lightning or extreme winds.
MeteoLogica´s GIS-based forecasts, accessed through a web interface allow both a quick visual inspection of the expected weather conditions over a wide area, along with detailed information for points of interest.
- Forecasted variables: precipitation (intensity and type: rain, snow), wind (direction, speed and maximum gust), risk of lightning activity, temperature, sea wave height and direction, etc.
- Forecast range and temporal resolution: 10 day forecasts of daily values, 48 hours forecasts of 3 hourly values.
- Hourly update of SYNOP and METAR surface data.
- 5 minutes update of lightning strokes detected.
- 15 minutes radar precipitation and satellite images.
Clear and intuitive web interface with:
- Multimap view showing all the variables for a selected forecast step or all the forecast steps for a single variable.
- GIS viewing utilities: zoom, thematic map layers, …
- On-demand, site specific, detailed forecast bulletins for any point on the map.
- Export utility to several map and image formats
- User defined alerts on probability thresholds or severe events.