Fire spread predictor
Forest fire suppression activities demand promptness in decision making. Traditional fire evolution simulators like FARSITE require specially trained staff to perform real-time predictions.
Easy and quick access to fire spread forecasts, like those provided by MeteoLogica’s service have proved very useful for many forest fire fighting agencies. Early warnings to potentially affected populations, disconnection of power lines or substations, or quick allocation of fighting means are examples of decisions that can be optimised with the help of MeteoLogica’s fire spread prediction tool.
- Fire driving weather variables: wind (direction and speed), relative humidity, temperature, precipitation, cloudiness.
- Fire behaviour variables: fire front position (isochrones), flame length, rate of spread, expected time of fire arrival.
- Forecast range: 10 hours forecast.
- Average time for a 10 hours fire spread simulation: 45 seconds.
Clear and intuitive web interface with:
- Easy input of fire starting points or fire fronts. Burned areas or changes in fuel map are also allowed.
- Results displayed on different reference maps: fuel map, topographic map, aerial photo,…
- GIS viewing utilities: zoom, thematic map layers, …
- On-demand, site specific, detailed forecast bulletins for any point on the map.
- Comprehensive reports of fire spread simulations printable on PDF
- Output available in multiple formats including Google Earth animations